WHAT’S HAPPENING and WHAT’S COMING UP
- On Sunday, July 15, we’ll take our second mile offering for the Santa Elena Mission. This mission, located in northwestern Mexico (in the Copper Canyon area) serves the Taramahura Indians, providing food and educational opportunities which help break the cycle of poverty. Join us on Sunday (8:00 and 10:30 am) in making a difference in someone’s life and in their future.
- We are starting to make plans for our Deming Duck Days All-You-Can-Eat BBQ held on Saturday, August 25, during the Duck Races. Check the sign up boards in our Fellowship Hall to help us serve over 1200 meals!
During The Week…Church and Community Groups (open to all; please call the church office at 575-546-2791 for more information)
- Youth Group (grades 6-12): Sundays 5 pm, in the Gym
- Crafty Kids: Mondays at 3:15 pm, in the Memorial Classroom – NOTE: This group will not meet from May 28th until sometime in August or possibly after Labor Day.
- Chancel Choir Practice: Mondays at 5 pm, in the Sanctuary – NOTE: This group resumes practice 8/6/18
- Praise Team practice: Tuesdays at 5 pm, in the Sanctuary – NOTE: This group resumes practice 8/7/18
- Prayer Group: Wednesdays at 11 am, in the Sanctuary
- Handbell and Handchime practice: Wednesdays at 4:30 pm, in the Bell Choir Room – NOTE: this group will resume practice 8/1/18
- Men’s Emmaus Reunion Group: Wednesdays at 5:30 pm, in the Fellowship Hall
- Evening Bible Study: Wednesdays at 6:30 pm, in the Fellowship Hall
- Women’s Emmaus Reunion Group: 2nd and 4th Thursdays at4:30 pm, at the TLC offices
- Christ First Karate: Fridays at 4 pm, in the West Little Lambs classroom (off of the Gym)
- Indoor Soccer: Mondays and Fridays at 6 pm, in the Gym
- Line Dancing: Wednesdays at 4 pm for Intermediate and 5 pm for Beginner
- Community Choir practice: Thursdays at 6:30 pm, in the Sanctuary (no auditions or previous experience required – just a desire to join others in song).
- Pickleball in the Gym: Mondays, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, 1 pm; Tuesday and Thursday, 6 pm
SUNDAY MORNING STUDY CLASSES
Did you know that we have four different adult Sunday School classes? We want you to know that you are welcome and encouraged to attend any one of them. Each one meets Sundays at 9:15 am in the following locations:
- West Little Lambs Room (South side of Gym): In depth study and discussion on books of the Bible – Currently the Old Testament Book of Amos
- East Little Lambs Room (South side of Gym): Currently studying “The Christian Life” by Porter Barrington – Looking at different aspects of Christianity and what it means to live the life of a Christian.
- Memorial Classroom (Entry to Gym): Studying varying topics and Christian books and writings – Currently studying the Book of Psalms
- Room #3 (North Sunday School wing): In depth study and discussion on books of the Bible – Currently the Old Testament Book of 1 Kings.
We also have classes for children and youth which all meeting the North Sunday School wing:
- Pre-school in Room #1
- Grades K-2 in Room #2
- Grades 3-5 in Room #5
- Grades 6-8 in Room #6
- Grades 9-12 in Room #7
We have a Wednesday Night Bible Study, 6:30 pm, in the Memorial Classroom. They studying from the book of Daniel. Please call 575-546-2791 for more information.