WHAT’S HAPPENING and WHAT’S COMING UP
- January 21 – on the 3rd Sunday of every month we take an additional “second-mile” collection with that offering dedicated to a different ministry each month. In January, the second-mile offering will help college students attain a Christ-focused education at McMurry University in Abilene, Texas. Thank you for helping offer a faith-based educational choice to college students.
- February 4 – Communion Sunday when we collect canned goods for the local food bank and donations for the Pastor’s Mission Fund. This fund helps people when emergency needs overwhelm their limited finances. Your donations have kept many families in their homes, kept utilities from being turned off and helped pay for medical care and treatment.
- February 5 – There is no school (and no Crafty Kids) because of parent/teacher conferences.
- February 10 – Non-food commodity distribution for seniors 65+ to receive free common cleaning supplies and hygiene items. Please bring an ID and current utility bill. Commodities are distributed in our gym from 9 to 10 am, using the double doors in the paved (Buckeye Street) parking lot. Our prayer group is available for your individual prayer needs.
- These are the groups which regularly meet here:
- Crafty Kids, Mondays, 3:15 to 4:45 pm, in the Memorial Classroom. This group will NOT meet again until January 22nd due to the school schedule.
- The Youth Group (grades 6-12), meets Sundays at 5 pm, in the Gym.
- Pickleball in the gym: Mondays, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, 1 pm; Tuesday and Thursday, 6 pm.
- Line Dancing – Wednesdays in the gym; 5 pm Intermediate, 6 pm Beginner
- Christ First Karate, 4 and 5 pm, West Little Lambs classroom
- Indoor Soccer, Monday and Friday evenings, 6 pm, in the gym
SUNDAY STUDY CLASSES
Did you know that we have four different adult Sunday School classes? We want you to know that you are welcome and encouraged to attend any one of them. Each one meets Sundays at 9:15 am in the following locations:
- West Little Lambs Room (South side of Gym): In depth study and discussion on books of the Bible – Currently the New Testament Book of James
- East Little Lambs Room (South side of Gym): Currently studying “The Christian Life” by Porter Barrington – Looking at different aspects of Christianity and what it means to live the life of a Christian.
- Memorial Classroom (Entry to Gym): Studying varying topics and Christian books and writings – Currently doing an Advent study called – “The Little Book of Why” by Bodie Thoene.
- Room #3 (North Sunday School wing): In depth study and discussion on books of the Bible – Currently the Old Testament Book of 2 Samuel.
We also have classes for children and youth which all meeting the North Sunday School wing:
- Pre-school in Room #1
- Grades K-2 in Room #2
- Grades 3-5 in Room #5
- Grades 6-8 in Room #6
- Grades 9-12 in Room #7
We have a Wednesday Night Bible Study, 6:30 pm, in the Memorial Classroom. They have begun a new study titled, “Fasting: Opening the Door to a Deeper, More Intimate, More Powerful Relationship with God.” Please call 575-546-2791 for more information.