WHAT’S HAPPENING and WHAT’S COMING UP
- Faith Walkers are wanted! We are still taking registrations for the FUMC Faith Walker’s team for this year’s Cancer Walk (May 5th). You can pick up a registration form at the back of the Sanctuary or from the church office.
- Our Music Director, Sarah Williams, is proud to present Elena Williams in a music recital on Saturday, April 21, at 6:00 pm, in our Sanctuary. Elena is a senior student who plans to major in music at Brigham Young University. Everyone is invited to come and enjoy Elena’s wide range of music in several languages.
- The National Day of Prayer is Thursday, May 3rd. Local activities will begin at 6 pm, at Courthouse Park. Everyone is welcome to attend.
During The Week…Church and Community Groups (open to all; please call the church office at 575-546-2791 for more information)
- Youth Group (grades 6-12): Sundays 5 pm, in the Gym
- Crafty Kids: Mondays at 3:15 pm, in the Memorial Classroom
- Chancel Choir Practice: Mondays at 5 pm, in the Sanctuary
- Praise Team practice: Tuesdays at 5 pm, in the Sanctuary
- Prayer Group: Wednesdays at 11 am, in the Sanctuary
- Handbell and Handchime practice: Wednesdays at 4:30 pm, in the Bell Choir Room
- Men’s Emmaus Reunion Group: Wednesdays at 5:30 pm, in the Fellowship Hall
- Evening Bible Study: Wednesdays at 6:30 pm, in the Fellowship Hall
- Women’s Emmaus Reunion Group: 2nd and 4th Thursdays at4:30 pm, at the TLC offices
- Christ First Karate: Fridays at 4 pm, in the West Little Lambs classroom (off of the Gym)
- Indoor Soccer: Mondays and Fridays at 6 pm, in the Gym
- Line Dancing: Wednesdays at 4 pm for Intermediate and 5 pm for Beginner
- Community Choir practice: Thursdays at 6:30 pm, in the Sanctuary (no auditions or previous experience required – just a desire to join others in song). NOTE: The Choir will not meet during the summer.
- Pickleball in the Gym: Mondays, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, 1 pm; Tuesday and Thursday, 6 pm
SUNDAY STUDY CLASSES
Did you know that we have four different adult Sunday School classes? We want you to know that you are welcome and encouraged to attend any one of them. Each one meets Sundays at 9:15 am in the following locations:
- West Little Lambs Room (South side of Gym): In depth study and discussion on books of the Bible – Currently the New Testament Book of James
- East Little Lambs Room (South side of Gym): Currently studying “The Christian Life” by Porter Barrington – Looking at different aspects of Christianity and what it means to live the life of a Christian.
- Memorial Classroom (Entry to Gym): Studying varying topics and Christian books and writings – Currently doing an Advent study called – “The Little Book of Why” by Bodie Thoene.
- Room #3 (North Sunday School wing): In depth study and discussion on books of the Bible – Currently the Old Testament Book of 2 Samuel.
We also have classes for children and youth which all meeting the North Sunday School wing:
- Pre-school in Room #1
- Grades K-2 in Room #2
- Grades 3-5 in Room #5
- Grades 6-8 in Room #6
- Grades 9-12 in Room #7
We have a Wednesday Night Bible Study, 6:30 pm, in the Memorial Classroom. They are looking at beginning a new study in May, possibly on the book of Daniel. Please call 575-546-2791 for more information.