WHAT’S HAPPENING and WHAT’S COMING UP
MOE is coming to church! When you visit the church, see if you can spot him and then let the office know. Keep coming back for updated locations and information on Moe’s visit!
- The church office will be closed on Monday, May 28th, in observance of Memorial Day.
- 1st United Methodist Church Deming is the host site for Missional Potluck, Worship Service and planning meeting on Tuesday, May 29th. EVERYONE is invited to attend. Bring a side dish of your choice (salad, vegetable or dessert). The meal begins at 5:30 pm, with worship and planning to follow. We’ll be joined by members of the Lordsburg, Silver City and Mimbres Methodist churches. Please call the church office (575-546-2791) no later than May 24th to let us know if you’re attending.
- On Sunday, June 3rd, we will celebrate Holy Communion at both the 8:00 am and 10:30 am services. All are welcome to attend and to join us in taking Communion.
During The Week…Church and Community Groups (open to all; please call the church office at 575-546-2791 for more information)
- Youth Group (grades 6-12): Sundays 5 pm, in the Gym
- Crafty Kids: Mondays at 3:15 pm, in the Memorial Classroom – NOTE: This group will not meet from May 28th until sometime in August or possibly after Labor Day.
- Chancel Choir Practice: Mondays at 5 pm, in the Sanctuary
- Praise Team practice: Tuesdays at 5 pm, in the Sanctuary
- Prayer Group: Wednesdays at 11 am, in the Sanctuary
- Handbell and Handchime practice: Wednesdays at 4:30 pm, in the Bell Choir Room. NOTE: this group will not meet in June, July and part of August.
- Men’s Emmaus Reunion Group: Wednesdays at 5:30 pm, in the Fellowship Hall
- Evening Bible Study: Wednesdays at 6:30 pm, in the Fellowship Hall
- Women’s Emmaus Reunion Group: 2nd and 4th Thursdays at4:30 pm, at the TLC offices
- Christ First Karate: Fridays at 4 pm, in the West Little Lambs classroom (off of the Gym)
- Indoor Soccer: Mondays and Fridays at 6 pm, in the Gym
- Line Dancing: Wednesdays at 4 pm for Intermediate and 5 pm for Beginner
- Community Choir practice: Thursdays at 6:30 pm, in the Sanctuary (no auditions or previous experience required – just a desire to join others in song). NOTE: Starting in May, t[The Choir will not meet during the summer.
- Pickleball in the Gym: Mondays, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, 1 pm; Tuesday and Thursday, 6 pm
SUNDAY MORNING STUDY CLASSES
Did you know that we have four different adult Sunday School classes? We want you to know that you are welcome and encouraged to attend any one of them. Each one meets Sundays at 9:15 am in the following locations:
- West Little Lambs Room (South side of Gym): In depth study and discussion on books of the Bible – Currently the Old Testament Book of Amos
- East Little Lambs Room (South side of Gym): Currently studying “The Christian Life” by Porter Barrington – Looking at different aspects of Christianity and what it means to live the life of a Christian.
- Memorial Classroom (Entry to Gym): Studying varying topics and Christian books and writings – Currently studying the Book of Psalms
- Room #3 (North Sunday School wing): In depth study and discussion on books of the Bible – Currently the Old Testament Book of 1 Kings.
We also have classes for children and youth which all meeting the North Sunday School wing:
- Pre-school in Room #1
- Grades K-2 in Room #2
- Grades 3-5 in Room #5
- Grades 6-8 in Room #6
- Grades 9-12 in Room #7
We have a Wednesday Night Bible Study, 6:30 pm, in the Memorial Classroom. They studying from the book of Daniel. Please call 575-546-2791 for more information.