CALLING ALL HIGH SCHOOL YOUTH – First United Methodist Church is once again holding 5th Quarter! High school youth are invited to the church’s gym after the home football games on October 4 and October 25. Come over after the game ends, and stay till 11 pm to enjoy food, sodas, games, door prizes and more. We’ll be on hand to welcome you and look forward to having you as our guests.
The Wednesday Night Bible study will resume upon the conclusion of Financial Peace University, at the end of October.
During The Week…Church and Community Groups (open to all):
- Youth Group (grades 6-12): Sundays 5 pm, in the Gym
- Chancel Choir Practice: Mondays at 5 pm, in the Sanctuary
- Praise Team practice: Tuesdays at 5 pm, in the Sanctuary
- Prayer Group: Wednesdays at 11 am, in the Sanctuary
- Women’s Emmaus Reunion Group Wednesdays at 5:00 pm, in the choir loft of the Sanctuary
- Men’s Emmaus Reunion Group: Wednesdays at 5:00 pm, in the Pastor’s Office
- Evening Bible Study: Wednesdays: replaced by Financial Peace University; it will resume at the end of October
- Handbell and Handchime practice: Thursdays at 4:00 pm, in the Bell Choir Room
- Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) for Women: Thursdays at 6:30 pm, in the east Sunday School wing. Attention Ladies of Deming and surrounding areas: Bible Study Fellowship is back with a new study of Acts and the Letters of the Apostles. This new study begins on Thursday, September 12, at 6:30 PM. As before, the sessions will be held here at the First United Methodist Church. If you would like more information about Bible Study Fellowship, head to their website bsfinternational.org. To preregister for the class, email Jeannie Milbourn at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hope to see you on the Sept. 12.
- Christ First Karate: Fridays at 6 pm, in the West Little Lambs classroom (off of the Gym) – for all ages
- Indoor Soccer: Mondays at 6 pm, in the Gym
- Men’s Basketball: Tuesdays and Fridays at 6 pm, in the Gym
- Line Dancing: Wednesdays at 5 pm for Intermediate and 6 pm for Beginner, in the Gym
- Bible Study Fellowship for women: Thursdays at 6:30 pm, in the Parlor and north Sunday School wing
- Community Choir practice: Thursdays at 7 pm, in the Sanctuary (no auditions or previous experience required – just a desire to join others in song).
- Pickleball in the Gym: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday at 1 pm; Thursday at 6 pm; Friday at 8:45 am
WHAT’S NEW? Look for upcoming editions of The Loo Review which will be scattered throughout the church.
SUNDAY MORNING STUDY CLASSES
Did you know that we have four different adult Sunday morning Bible study classes? We want you to know that you are welcome and encouraged to attend any one of them. Each one meets Sundays at 9:15 am in the following locations:
- West Little Lambs Room (south side of Gym): In depth study and discussion on books of the Bible
- Young Adult Class in the east Little Lambs Room (south side of the Gym): Video discussion group
- Memorial Classroom (entry to Gym): Studying varying topics and Christian books and writings
- Room #3 (north Sunday School wing): In depth study and discussion on books of the Bible
Children and youth all meet in the North Sunday School wing: Pre-school in Room #1; Grades K-2 in Room #2; Grades 3-5 in Room #5; Grades 6-8 in Room #6; Grades 9-12 in Room #7.
For those desiring an evening study, join us for the Wednesday Night Bible Study when it resumes at the end of October.
Please call 575-546-2791 for more information.