The Wednesday Night Bible study is on the Holy Spirit. All are welcome to join. Please call the church office at 575-546-2791 for details or to sign up.
The Celebrant Singers will be in concert, in the Sanctuary, on Tuesday, August 6th, at 7 pm. This is a free concert. Everyone is invited to attend.
Join us for our 39th annual All-You-Can-Eat BBQ on Saturday, Aug. 24, from 11 am to 2 pm. This is dine-in, carry-out or delivery within city limits. Please call the office (575-546-2791) for details or tickets.
During The Week…Church and Community Groups (open to all):
- Youth Group (grades 6-12): Sundays 5 pm, in the Gym
- Chancel Choir Practice: Mondays at 5 pm, in the Sanctuary
- Praise Team practice: Tuesdays at 5 pm, in the Sanctuary
- Prayer Group: Wednesdays at 11 am, in the Sanctuary
- Women’s Emmaus Reunion Group Wednesdays at 5:00 pm, in the Fellowship Hall
- Men’s Emmaus Reunion Group: Wednesdays at 5:30 pm, in the Fellowship Hall
- Evening Bible Study: Wednesdays at 6:30 pm, in the Fellowship Hall
- Handbell and Handchime practice: Thursdays at 4:30 pm, in the Bell Choir Room, beginning August 22nd
- Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) for Women: Thursdays at 6:30 pm, in the east Sunday School wing. Attention Ladies of Deming and surrounding areas: Bible Study Fellowship is back with a new study of Acts and the Letters of the Apostles. This new study begins on Thursday, September 12, at 6:30 PM. As before, the sessions will be held here at the First United Methodist Church. If you would like more information about Bible Study Fellowship, head to their website bsfinternational.org. To preregister for the class, email Jeannie Milbourn at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hope to see you on the Sept. 12.
- Christ First Karate: Fridays at 5 pm, in the West Little Lambs classroom (off of the Gym) (currently on summer break)
- Indoor Soccer: Mondays at 6 pm, in the Gym
- Men’s Basketball: Fridays at 6 pm, in the Gym
- Line Dancing: Wednesdays at 5 pm for Intermediate and 6 pm for Beginner
- Community Choir practice: Thursdays at 6:30 pm, in the Sanctuary (no auditions or previous experience required – just a desire to join others in song). This group resumes August 22nd.
- Pickleball in the Gym: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday at 1 pm; Thursday at 6 pm; Friday at 8:45 am
WHAT’S NEW? Look for upcoming editions of The Stall Street Journal which will be scattered throughout the church.
SUNDAY MORNING STUDY CLASSES
Did you know that we have four different adult Sunday morning Bible study classes? We want you to know that you are welcome and encouraged to attend any one of them. Each one meets Sundays at 9:15 am in the following locations:
- West Little Lambs Room (south side of Gym): In depth study and discussion on books of the Bible
- Young Adult Class in the east Little Lambs Room (south side of the Gym): Video discussion group
- Memorial Classroom (entry to Gym): Studying varying topics and Christian books and writings
- Room #3 (north Sunday School wing): In depth study and discussion on books of the Bible
Children and youth all meet in the North Sunday School wing: Pre-school in Room #1; Grades K-2 in Room #2; Grades 3-5 in Room #5; Grades 6-8 in Room #6; Grades 9-12 in Room #7.
For those desiring an evening study, join us for the Wednesday Night Bible Study, 6:30 pm, in the Fellowship Hall. The current study is based on the book “Third Person – 30 Days with the Holy Spirit.” Everyone is welcome to come.
Please call 575-546-2791 for more information.