WHAT’S HAPPENING and WHAT’S COMING UP
- March 18 – We’ll be taking a special offering for Cancer Support of Deming and Luna County. Your gift (taken during the service) provides help and hope for cancer warriors and their families. ALL donations sty here in Luna County.
- Faith Walkers are wanted! We’re taking registrations for the FUMC Faith Walker’s team for this year’s Cancer Walk (May 5th). You can pick up a registration form at the back of the Sanctuary or from the church office.
- Spring Break for the Deming Public School District is March 12 through the 19th. There will be no Crafty Kids on March 12th or March 19th.
- The Chancel Choir and Praise Team will practice together on Mondays, at 5 pm, from March 12 through 27. There will be no practices the week of April 2nd.
- HOLY WEEK begins with Palm Sunday on March 25th. All of the children in the congregation are invited to participate in a palm processional at the beginning of the 8:00 and 10:30 am services. Please see the separate page for Holy Week and Easter Sunday services.
During The Week…Church and Community Groups (open to all; please call the church office at 575-546-2791 for more information)
- Youth Group (grades 6-12): Sundays 5 pm, in the Gym
- Crafty Kids: Mondays at 3:15 pm, in the Memorial Classroom
- Chancel Choir Practice: Mondays at 5 pm, in the Sanctuary
- Praise Team practice: Tuesdays at 5 pm, in the Sanctuary
- Prayer Group: Wednesdays at 1:30 pm, in the Sanctuary
- Handbell and Handchime practice: Wednesdays at 4:30 pm, in the Bell Choir Room
- Men’s Emmaus Reunion Group: Wednesdays at 5:30 pm, in the Fellowship Hall
- Evening Bible Study: Wednesdays at 6:30 pm, in the Fellowship Hall
- Women’s Emmaus Reunion Group: 2nd and 4th Thursdays at4:30 pm, at the TLC offices
- Christ First Karate: Fridays at 4 pm, in the West Little Lambs classroom (off of the Gym)
- Indoor Soccer: Mondays and Fridays at 6 pm, in the Gym
- Line Dancing: Wednesdays at 4 pm for Intermediate and 5 pm for Beginner
- AA: Wednesdays at 6 pm, in the Parlor
- Community Choir practice: Thursdays at 6:30 pm, in the Sanctuary (no auditions or previous experience required – just a desire to join others in song)
- Pickleball in the Gym: Mondays, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, 1 pm; Tuesday and Thursday, 6 pm
SUNDAY STUDY CLASSES
Did you know that we have four different adult Sunday School classes? We want you to know that you are welcome and encouraged to attend any one of them. Each one meets Sundays at 9:15 am in the following locations:
- West Little Lambs Room (South side of Gym): In depth study and discussion on books of the Bible – Currently the New Testament Book of James
- East Little Lambs Room (South side of Gym): Currently studying “The Christian Life” by Porter Barrington – Looking at different aspects of Christianity and what it means to live the life of a Christian.
- Memorial Classroom (Entry to Gym): Studying varying topics and Christian books and writings – Currently doing an Advent study called – “The Little Book of Why” by Bodie Thoene.
- Room #3 (North Sunday School wing): In depth study and discussion on books of the Bible – Currently the Old Testament Book of 2 Samuel.
We also have classes for children and youth which all meeting the North Sunday School wing:
- Pre-school in Room #1
- Grades K-2 in Room #2
- Grades 3-5 in Room #5
- Grades 6-8 in Room #6
- Grades 9-12 in Room #7
We have a Wednesday Night Bible Study, 6:30 pm, in the Memorial Classroom. They are studying from “Fasting: Opening the Door to a Deeper, More Intimate, More Powerful Relationship with God.” Please call 575-546-2791 for more information.